no more entries after i type this. XD it is now 17:26. thursday. 2013-01-10
this is a contest for a character for the "Anima: Gate of Memories" video game.
I will be very clear, there will be NO PAYMENT for any winners here. You enter if you want to do this, and we are in no way trying to scam anyone of doing free work.
What the winner will get out of this contest:
1. the winner's character will be 3D modeled, and put into the game as a character inside the game and story. We will work to incorporate this character into the story, without him or her just standing around for nothing.
2. the winner's full name will be in the credits.
3. This character will be copyrighted primarily to this game, you are allowed to use the artwork for your portfolio, but may be a bit complicated if you want to sell him/her off to a new client. Details of copyright can be discussed with the winner.
What we are looking for:
1. human character in any age or body type, he/she should look like a fantasy based person. look at any of my anima characters for reference.
2. a monster creature. it should have a clear visual part that can be used to attack. like a claw or a long horn, etc. can be a ghostly type as well, but please keep in mind that it should be able to attack in some way. =]
You are allowed to enter 1 drawing for character and 1 drawing for creature, 2 total if you design both. link your design here as a comment when you submit.
important notes: please keep in mind that this design will be modeled in 3D, try not to have too many small hanging parts.
the finished entry can be in black and white or in color, in the case of color, best to keep it without background, so we can see the parts clearly. you are free to put as much effort as you see fit, if you want to just make the front view, fine, or you can do the whole front, back and side views. like i said, all this work, benefits yourself the most. =]
i'll not beat around the bush here, this contest is held for a couple of purposes, we all know one of them is to help promote the on-going kickstarter project, we are doing OK with pledges, but still a lot to go.
the other purpose is I like seeing characters, I like seeing people draw =]
I hope you will have fun, and enjoy this contest, dont give yourself any pressure, you have nothing to loose here, loosen up that hand, scribble around and then enter your best effort. =]
please submit your entry by midnight of January 9th. 2013.
good luck, and have fun! ask away for any questions, i could use the help to make this a better contest.
by the way, check out this game linked from